The Best Time to Write is Now... The Best Place to Write is Here... The Best Person to Write is You...

2006/08/26

Accepted / The Libertine / Cassanova

"A census taker once tried to test me, I ate his liver with fava beans and a nice chianti." -Hannibal Lecter, Silence of the Lambs*

I saw the movie "Accepted" Saturnsday. It was brilliant. One of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. It was not only smart, but it was very funny. Justin Long (Dodgeball: An Underdog's Story) was awesome as the lead actor. He was the main reason I wanted to watch it in the first place. And I was not disappointed.

Calla didn't like that I thought the girls were hot, but that's too bad, they definitely were. None were as pretty as Calla, but still, very nice.

I LOVE YOU CALLA!!!

4 out of 5 College Credits for this one.

"The Libertine," starring Johnny Depp... at first glance, it is a movie you'd think that it was a movie strictly about sex... but honestly, there isnt much sex at all... just the most profound scenes. Unfortunately it is very slow moving. The poetry is EXCEPTIONAL... and coming from me that is a compliment. It makes me want to explore the poetry of Lord John of Rochester.

The poetry however is not enough to save this movie from itself, and I actually fell asleep during the last twenty minutes.

See it if you can get it for a dollar or less, or unless you REALLY like poetry.

2 prosthesis out of 5 feminine warmths (watch the movie you'll get it).

Cassanova was hilarious. Not too much in the smart category. Was very good though. I was definitely entertained. I wasnt entirely convinced of Heath Ledger being Cassanova, but he pulled it off fair enough I suppose. I just cant get past Broke Back Mountain.

It was a period comedy/action/drama with some high points.

3 gondoliers out of 5 gondolas.

I hope you enjoyed the movie reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment