The Best Time to Write is Now... The Best Place to Write is Here... The Best Person to Write is You...

2011/06/18

Interview with Eva Xanthopoulos

1. Who are some of your Influences? Pablo Picasso, Edgar Allan Poe, E.E Cummings, Gandhi, Buddha -- the list can go on forever.

2. What styles do you like to incorporate in your writing? Surrealism, eroticism, romanticism, free style.


3. What are your favorite genre/subjects to write in and about? Fantasy, my life and experiences, dreams, spirituality, Eastern beliefs, nature, etc.

4. Do you have any subjects you refuse to write about? No.

5. Who are some of your peer writers you would love to see more highly publicized? Azriel Johnson, Deborah Rosenblum, Suzy Dean, John Chiara, Amber Jacob, Terry McGoldrick, Doug Turner Jr. and many others.

6. Do you have a place where you always write? My room.

7. Tell us a funny writing story in 100 words or less. :) Well, this isn't exactly funny, but I get inspired by the wrong lyrics/lines. I tend to hear and read things wrong from time to time. I was reading Edgar Allan Poe's  "To Helen (II)" and one misread line is what inspired that entire poem. Originally: "It was a July midnight;" & I read it as "I was a mid July night."

8. What is your favorite piece of yours written and where can we find it? "Cocoon" and it can be found on my facebook (and Writing Knights Roundtable).

9. What is your favorite piece of all time (by you or by another writer) and where can we find it? Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe

10. What inspires you most? The movie V for Vendetta. The main character, V is so poetic and intelligent. If you haven't seen it, I suggest that you watch it ASAP! LOTS of things inspire me the most, though. All kinds of art, poetry, beliefs... you name it!

Information on Eva's Chapbook Water Walker can be found HERE.
To buy Water Walker visit: HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check Out Our T-Shirt Provider