The Best Time to Write is Now... The Best Place to Write is Here... The Best Person to Write is You...

2016/01/01

"Bigger than Cleveland" presented by Studio (216) -- January 1st, 2016





Studio (216) aka Skyified Crochet and Writing Knights Press will be holding their first of many First Friday variety performances.

This month we'll have a mixed bag (all times are PM):

7 to 7:30: Kristin Werstler is an avid poet and writer. Currently, she’s pursuing a double major in Writing and English at the University of Mount Union. When she’s not doing school work, you can find her adventuring to places unknown, reading, writing, and (poorly) playing her ukulele. 

7:30 to 8: Eric 'Redhawk' Macuski of the Dene Suline/Cree and Shawnee decent: I am a powwow dancer and Native American flute player. I have been playing the flute for 14 years, using the innate abilities I have. I play not to just entertain, but there is a calming quality to playing the flute that I would like to share with others.


8 to 8:30: JM Romig was born and raised by Lake Erie in Ashtabula, Ohio. He was a finalist in the 2014 Writing Knights Grand Tournament. He is the author of "We Are Made of Found Objects" (Poet's Hall Press) and more recently Breakwall to Breakwall (Writing Knights Press). His work has been included in various literary journals and anthologies and his unique brand of performance poetry has got him featured at venues all over North East Ohio and Erie, PA.


8:30 to 9: Donny...: All my life I've been a fan of the stage. I didn't care what I was doing just as long as I was having fun, but then I learned that the things I did made people laugh and that felt even better. So here I am trying to find new ways of doing so. Life is too serious all the time anyway. Let's laugh at ourselves a bit.

If you are a local performer and want to be featured in a future event, either at Studio (216) or at Cultured Coffee, or somewhere else we might do readings, check out our Performers Wanted tab to see what calls we have available.

See you January 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment